The more I think about it the more mad I get. Tony (+Howard) ramblings under the cut.
rozf asked: X-Men: 2, 4
2. Favorite piece overall?
Butcher of Lowtown, without a doubt, between having a longer time to think about it, the word use, the style, and the fantastic collaboration with Loobee, it was definitely a favorite.
Anonymous asked: 11&12 for the fic writing meme?<3
11. If I’m showing off just one of your pieces to someone, which one should it be?
Really depends on what they like!
I think ‘Butcher of Lowtown’ is the closest I’ve ever written to a novella that balanced plot and character and ship, and that’s XMFC/Cherik. For Steve/Tony I’d say ‘If We Never Got This Second Chance’ for the complexity of character and plot.
12. What WIPs do you have going now? Are you excited about them?
Ummmm, less than I’d hope. I’ve been on a mini writing hiatus to deal with some life stuff. I’m experimenting with a few Steve/Tony ideas that are more 616 oriented over MCU, and I always love writing those. Ianfic, of course, with a plot I need to actually check with someone about probably… I’d also like to write a post Civil War fic that I am waiting on some comics to reread before I jump into. I’m pretty excited for that one, just because I think it’s got a bit of ‘why doesn’t this exist?!’ to it so I hope I do it justice.
- So reblog this if I can pop into your box and ask you questions about writing (You can probably make a version for art, too). And you can ask them to me if you really want to.
- Specify fandom if you want for any of the questions.
- 1. Which is your favorite of the fics you've written for X fandom?
- 2. Favorite piece overall?
- 3. Which was the hardest to write, in terms of plot?
- 4. Which has the most "you" in it, however you'd define that?
- 5. What is an image/set of images that you're particularly proud of?
- 6. Idea that you always wanted to write but could never make work?
- 7. Least favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
- 8. Favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
- 9. Favorite character to write?
- 10. Favorite line or lines of dialogue that you've written
- 11. If I'm showing off just one of your pieces to someone, which one should it be?
- 12. What WIPs do you have going now? Are you excited about them?
- 13. Are there any things that might have happened in any of your stories, but you changed them at the last minute? (So-and-so dies, they don't actually kiss, main character has long extended ballet-based dream sequence, etc.)
- 14. Would you want to write canon for any of your fandoms (like be hired by showrunner to do an episode)? Which one?
- 15. Does font matter to you when you're writing a draft?
- 16. 3 favorite comments ever received on fanfic.
- 17. Any mean comments? How'd you deal with it? Who laid the smackdown?
- 18. If you could go back and revise one of your older stories, which would it be?
- 19. Do you make up scenes at work/on the bus/at the gym? Who are the characters that pop up the most? Do you write them down?
- 20. Go nuts, and talk about writing. Or write me a little ficlet-whatsit using a character/image/line I shall now specify:
- Go on, my chickens, and ask each other questions
Anonymous asked: thank you for writing your pacific rim fics, i'm having the BEST time reading them. you're a great writer <3
Thank you, Anon-sweetie. I’m always happy to know that I’m giving someone joy, even if I haven’t been as productive of late. I hope you keep on enjoying them!
After oversleeping my SECOND alarm for the second time in two days, I’m forced to set a third, and remind myself what Sherlock says about people who like their jobs not needing two alarms.